How does Morpheus8 work?
Morpheus8 is a skin rejuvenation treatment that pairs microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) energy. Using the FDA-cleared Morpheus8 device, a provider delivers RF energy heat into the skin via ultra-thin needles, creating controlled microinjuries. This activates the body’s natural healing process, which firms and resurfaces skin by encouraging the production of new collagen and elastin.
The treatment can be tailored to achieve the desired result by adjusting the depth and intensity, making it similar to microneedling but much more powerful.
Because of the microtrauma caused by the repeated punctures to the skin, which triggers a cascade of collagen production in the skin to heal itself, microneedling is also known as collagen-induction therapy.
Adding radiofrequency energy takes this process to the next level. With RF microneedling, there is exfoliation and collagen remodeling, improving the texture and tone of the skin at the same time that it causes the skin to tighten.
Also, Morpheus8 is a type of “fractional treatment,” intentionally leaving part of the surface layer of skin intact to reduce healing time.
What advantages can one expect from Morpheus8?
In the hands of an experienced provider, Morpheus8 treatments can:
- improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- firm and tighten lax skin including eyelids
- smooth skin texture
- reduce the appearance of large pores
- treat hyperpigmentation, acne, acne scarring, and rosacea
- help reduce stretch marks
Morpheus8 has the advantage of targeting different depths and treating specific tissue levels. For example, at higher settings and deeper levels, the treatment can reduce unwanted fat.
The most common uses of this RF microneedling procedure are for deeper tissue remodeling and skin resurfacing on the face and neck. Smoothing the area under the eyes and around the mouth, the jawline, and mild jowls can all benefit from it.
Almost any other part of the body, such as the arms, buttocks, chest, abdomen, and above the knees, can also be treated.
Why do patients choose Morpheus8 treatment?
- minimally invasive procedure
- suitable for all skin tones
- little to no risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- works on almost any body area to treat a wide range of skin concerns
- can penetrate deeper into the subdermal tissue than any similar treatment
- social downtime is just one to three days
- can be combined with other procedures, such as Lumecca IPL, for even better results